Job Interview Tips that Will Get You Hired
April 20, 2017
When looking for a job and you want to get accepted, you should know some useful job interview tips that will help you get the job of your dreams. Job interviews are highly important because this is the time when you can make a good first impression. And no matter what other people say, first impressions are still very important, maybe even the most important part when you are looking for a job. Some people really try to do their best to make a good first impression in front of their interviewers.
There are some useful job interview tips that you should keep in mind to help you get the job. Read the list below to know what these job interview tips are.
– It is important to do a little research about the company that you are applying for before the job interview. It would not look good if the interviewer asks you and you do not know anything about their company. It is important to know basic information about the company and the position that you are applying for. If the interviewer can see that you have done a little research and you know what you are getting into, then he will think that you are eager to get the position. It also shows that you have prepared well before the interview.
– Practice answering some interview questions that are typically asked in a job interview. Research about the questions and try to answer them as confidently and honestly as you can. You should also be ready for unexpected questions. Do not get rattled if the interviewer asks you questions that you have not answered during your practice interview.
– Dress appropriately. You will surely make a good impression if you dress in smart business casual attire. Do not show too much skin or do not try to appear too flashy. Choose clothes that will make you look responsible, confident, and down-to-earth. You do not want to look like a boss instead of a mere applicant, unless you are applying for a managerial position or something.
– Be on time. It would even be better to arrive at least half an hour before the interview to give you time to retouch your make up and to find the office where you will be interviewed. By giving yourself extra time before the interview, you can relax and compose yourself.
– During the interview – act professionally. Greet the interviewer and shake his hands firmly. It is also important to look at the interviewers eyes. It shows confidence and honesty. Shifty eyes or eyes cast downward will make you look unsure about what you are saying or dishonest.
– When you answer the questions, answer them as truthfully as you can. And if you need to give a negative answer, try to turn it to a positive reply. For example, if the interviewer asks you what your weakness is and you answer you are not familiar with basic accounting, you can follow it up with a positive answer by saying you are actually thinking about enrolling in an accounting course at the university.